- April 2010. Tim Ormond, P.E. of HydroCycle presented a technical paper at the International Low Impact Develop Conference in San Francisco, sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers. The paper was entitled “LID Meets Permaculture: Sustainable Stormwater Management in the Mountains of Western North Carolina.”
- HydroCycle is helping to sponsor the Nolichucky Watershed Partnership (NWP), a non-profit watershed alliance, which advocates for protection and restoration of the 1800-sq. mile Nolichucky Watershed. Tim Ormond is currently serving North Carolina co-chair for NWP. Please see www.nolichucky.org for more information about NWP.
- Tim Ormond was selected to serve on the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) National Rainwater Harvesting Technical Committee. The committee is currently developing national guidelines for rainwater harvesting technology and its use as a stormwater management BMP.
- July 2012. Tim Ormond gave a presentation entitled "Sustainable Stormwater Management in Mountain Regions." at the "Current Issues in Stormwater Regulation" workshop in Asheville, NC on July 12, 2012.
- March 2013. Tim Ormond obtained his Permaculture Design Certificate from the Permaculture in Action program in Asheville, North Carolina. His design project for the course was a permaculture design for the Haywood Street Congregation.
- 2013. Tim Ormond is helping to launch the Southeast Permaculture Trade Association, a group of professionals affiliated with permaculture profession the Southeastern United States.